Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My New Year's "Resolutions"

Let me start of this post by making one thing painfully clear:
I hate "resolutions"

I never actually live up to my New Year's promises and the rest of the year feels wasted because I never completed that one thing I said I would.

This year is different!

When midnight struck and I toasted my assembled friends, talk turned to resolution. Many had the usual resolutions:

"I'm going to lose 10 pounds!"
"I'm going to quit smoking!"
"I will erase my debt to (Company Name)!"

I alone sat quiet while my friends made promises to the newborn year. Eventually someone looked at me and asked what my resolution was. Imagine their shock when I said that I had no New Year's resolutions.

That's right folks, I have absolutely NO New Year's resolutions! This does not mean that I don't have any goals, quite the opposite. My lack of resolutions simply means that if I fail to complete my goals, I don't feel disappointed. And almost every goal I have has a much longer deadline than the end of 2012.

For those of you curious to know what my goals and deadlines are, here's a list:
1. Write 1 freelance article (end of 2012)
2. Finish every UFO hanging around our apartment (Summer 2013)
3. Be able to run a mile (Summer of 2013)

In case you're wondering, the "Summer 2013" deadlines are set because DH and I are moving in summer 2013 and these things need to be accomplished before then. I've been meaning to get on these thing for a while but packing up everything you own and relocating really makes you focus on your priorities.

That's it folks! Pretty spiffy eh? And without all the "resolution pressure" I've been doing great!

My next few posts will be about the projects I've got to finish. Until then, Blessed Be.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger