Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, July 22, 2011

Yule Gifts in August

At the beginning of the summer I set the lofty goal of having at least half my Yule gifts done by the end of the summer. A wedding, a move, and a craft supply embargo hampered my productivity and I am sad to report that I am nowhere near half way done with my Yule projects.  I also regret to inform my dear readers that I have no pictures for you today either. This is mostly a refresh on the items on my To Do list as well as a checklist of what I've gotten done. Everything done will be highlighted.

Mom - Coffee Cup pincushion, Caribou coffee gift basket, Goddess for All Seasons, Case for Goddess and accessories that doubles as a stand
Stepmom - 7 Garter Stitch Apple Ornaments,
Dad - Star Wars scarf (still have to design in)
MIL L - Monaco Driving Scarf
FIL D - ???
FIL G. - ???
MIL J - ???
DH - Dalek Socks, Robert Asprin Books
Sister An - Wolf ear hat, Wolf paw gloves
Brother D -???
Brother Ju -  Men's Fingerless gloves
SIL M - Cookies, ???
BIL H - ???
Niece R - Personalized bag full of crafts and books, clothes
Niece I - Personalized bag full of crafts and books, clothes
Nephew C - Crocheted Worm (DH's idea lol)
BIL R -  Doctor Who Scarf, Cookies
Niece H - Three Day's Grace Tote Bag full of art supplies and craft kits
Nephew Dm - ???
BIL Wr - Men’s Fingerless Glove
SIL M- Spa kit (soap, wash rags, candles, candy)
SIL S - Spa kit (soap, wash rags, candles, candy)
BIL C - ???
Nephew J - ???
Niece B - Personalized bag full of crafts and books
Niece Sab - Personalized bag full of crafts and books
Niece Sav -Personalized bag full of crafts and books
Nephew X- Converse Booties, Elf Feets, Proudfeet
Grandma M - Fairy Furniture
Grandpa J - Chugga Chugga Scarf
Nana - ???
Papa - ???
Grandma S - Goddess for All Seasons, Case for Goddess and accessories that doubles as a stand
Lizzy - Goddess for All Seasons, Case for goddess and accessories that doubles as a stand
Corie - Book of Shadows, Religious texts, religious tools, Goddess for All Seasons, Case for Goddess and accessories that doubles as a stand
Cat - Goddess for All Seasons, Case for Goddess and accessories that doubles as a stand
Carrie - Wheel of the Year Skirt
Joe - ???
Ana - Framed photo of PSA with signatures on matting, Wheel of the Year skirt

It's almost August and I've only got three gifts made. If I don't step things up soon I am going to be in big trouble! Thankfully I'm almost done with my second Goddess for All Seasons. Technically she is the fourth one I've made but two of the three originals were frogged because they turned out poorly. Now that I've got the pattern down I'm getting the dolls done much faster. This weekend I plan to finish as least two Goddesses and two of the personalized bags. Since I'm still under the Crafty Supply Embargo of 2011 I can't go out and buy new materials so I am left working with what I've got. Thankfully, that's quite a bit.

For our wedding I made hand-painted bags for all the bridesmaids. Two bags were sacrificed as practice runs because they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. My nieces saw them and loved them however, so I am going to do a bit of personalizing for each and use those as their personalized bags this year. I've also got enough yarn to make at least four more Goddess dolls which will definitely see me through until August. As soon as the embargo lifts, however, you bet I will be at that craft store grabbing the rest of what I need!

Tomorrow's post will be on the first educational meeting of the local Pagan Study Group.

Blessed Be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger