Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, July 9, 2011

DIY Success!

Thanks to several friends and a few family members, DH and I were able to move almost everything out of our old apartment and in to the new withing a few hours. We then spent most of the afternoon and evening unpacking, though I took a few hours out to paint a bookshelf and the mirrors mentioned a few days ago.

Boy did everything turn out great! The mirrors are on the back porch drying off after a second round of paint application and the rest of the DIY projects are already in place. The mirrors need another coat of paint, so I don't have any pictures of them yet. Instead I present to you the Salvation Army Bookshelf Transformation!

And this is what it looked like before:

Before painting (and taking photos) we ripped off beveled floor edging from the sides and top of this bad boy, which was a huge step in improving its appearance. This project has given me the confidence to start another big DIY project, though it won't be for a while. I don't want to ruin the surprise so details will have to wait until a later date.

But this beauteous bookshelf is not the only snazzy piece of swag we scored for our new apartment. A couple friends of ours are moving and no longer wanted their kitchen table. Their round, black, well-made kitchen table. For the cost of hauling it away we got the table and both chairs that went with it. I was on cloud 9!

One of these days I'm going to make slip covers for those cushions so we can coordinate them with the seasons or holidays. But for now I am loving my Little Black Table. So cute!

Unfortunately this post is going to have to be fairly short. We're still in the middle of unpacking and work never lets up outside the home. Tomorrow I will have an update on our frames as well as some details on my next piece of furniture DIY.

Until then Blessed Be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger