Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, February 4, 2011

Fractured Blogging No More...

For the last year and a half I have been blogging in four separate blogs.

Twisted Yarns - My knitting blog
Witchy Crafter - My crafting blog
A Pagan Path - My religious blog
A Fight to the Dress - My weight loss/ Wedding blog


I'm tired of having to parse my days in to four categories whenever I want to blog about them, so I have decided to combine them in to this single blog.

The largest influence on this decision was my impending wedding. In May I will marry my wonderful fiance and then we will begin our life together. I have spent a lot of time thinking about what it will be like once we are married and I realized a couple of important things. The first is that, within the next five years, I will almost certainly be a mother. That thought both thrills and terrifies me. Close on the heels of that thought was another: My life will never be as orderly as I would like it to be. People don't fit in to neat categories and children are born to make messes.

My third and final revelation was that I will be much happier if I learn to loosen up and ignore the mess a little more. I don't want to spend more time telling my kids to clean up than I do playing with them. That's not really fair to anyone!

This blog is the result of those revelations. Instead of separating my days in to four categories, I am going to record them as they really are. I will record them as one entry, one theme. Each post will probably be separated in to topics, so all my knitting news is in one place and my home making news in another. But this way there is one URL, one place I can go to record what I'm thinking or doing.

I'm very excited about this. I am going to try and "import" all previous posts from my old blogs as archives. If I can not do that I will link the blogs to this one and allow them to act as separate archives. Wish me luck, Oh Great Divine. This blog is more than a log of my thoughts and endeavors. It is a means by which I will discover my strengths, work on my weaknesses, and become the kind of person I want to be for the rest of my life. There is certainly something to be said for self-reflection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger