Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Swapping Free Days

Yesterday turned out to be a horrible day... at least the first half. I ended up skipping my workout in favor of a much-needed nap and a date with my fiance, so I decided it was my free day. That means that today I must push myself in order to keep up the level of weight loss I've been seeing. Skipping the wrong day is not conducive to a good mind-set, just like the Chinese we had last night is no conducive to a slim waistline. But then again, there is my motto: Don't deny, just restrain.

My motto means this: there are no off-limits foods. If I see a cookie and crave it I can eat it, within a set of rules. I can not eat any food late at night, though there are exceptions to this as well (party, holiday, wonky swapping of day and night schedules). I also can not have the cookie if I have already had a lot of junk. For example, let's say that I have leftover pizza for breakfast, a late lunch of pasta and cream sauce, and a rather heavy dinner. On a day like this I absolutely can not have a cookie. I've already eaten poorly! But, if that heavy dinner is replaced with a healthy salad and the leftover pizza is turkey bacon and eggs, than I may have the cookie. Everything in moderation!

And now for the tips:
  • Don't deny yourself anything What is the point of living if you're always miserable and craving something? Limit how much junk food you eat and when you eat it, then avoid junk food the next day.
  • Plan ahead for special events. If you know you're going to be drinking all night and snacking into the wee hours of the morning (ahem, New Years...) eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, making sure to get lots of water in there. The water will help with bloating and your hangover the next morning.
  • Learn your limits! Most people eat until they're stuffed because they eat too fast and don't listen to their body's "I'm not hungry" signal. Before your belly aches from too much food it will stop rumbling. When it stops rumbling, stop eating and drink a few good gulps of water. If you're still hungry a few minutes later, go ahead and eat some more, but remain aware of your body's signals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger