Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Alas 2010, I Knew You Well...

In all honesty I will not miss 2010. In one year my big-sister figure passed away, I lost contact with lots of good friends, got in to no less than two huge family fights, and gained about forty pounds. Yeah, I'm glad to see it go.

I for one did not make a New Year's Resolution, but I'm sure if I did it would have been to lose weight. After all, what resolution is easier than the one you were already working on? And apparently, I have been working harder than I thought. In keeping with the tradition of New Year's Eve, I threw all caution to the wind and indulged in some very sinful things. I actually ate Taco Bell and Little Caesar's pizza, neither of which was remotely healthy. I know Taco Bell has the fresco option, but a Baja Gordita sounded so good I couldn't resist. Besides, I'm not a drinker so I needed to get my holiday calories in some way, right? It's an excuse I know, but I was weak!

Luckily for me, my metabolism was not! Between a bunch of chips, lots of soda, the previously mentioned junk food indulgences I should have been at least two pounds heavier this afternoon than I was yesterday. According to my Wii Fit, which I trust to keep its own records straight, I wasn't even a 1/2 pound heavier! I literally did a happy dance. My self-pride has landed me some very sore ab muscles today, but it's a good feeling now that I know what doors it is opening up for me! A month ago that Gordita would have rocketed me in to a whole new trouser size. Hooray for metabolism boosts!

To quote one of my favorite pseudo-airheads (Torrence Shipman via "Bring It On") "Let's not rest on our laurels!"

On the Wii Fit Plus you can select a caloric burn goal, which is represented by a piece of food that equals that total. There are nine goals to choose from, ranging from around 100 calories to more than 400.  My usual calorie burn goal is almost 200 calories but I changed it to almost 400 today, mostly in guilt for eating so much crap last night. My abs are definitely reminding me of it, but it is a good kind of ache.

It is the ache of a super-hot bride in an awesome wedding dress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger