Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, December 17, 2010

Unfortunate Allergies

I woke up this morning feeling completely miserable. My allergies decided they hadn't made me miserable for a while and that today would be a good day to start again. Needless to say, I haven't felt like working out.

My eating hasn't been too bad, which is the one reason I don't feel guilty for avoiding the stationary bike so far. I treated myself with two of the taquitos I mentioned last night, and they were a nice beef-cheesy beginning for my day. A few hours later I made a turkey sandwich with lettuce, American cheese, and a little bit of Miracle Whip on white bread. Normally I would have used cheddar cheese and wheat bread, but we're at my grandparents' today and I am not going to complain about free food! We brought along a few packets of Miso, so I made a bowl to go with my sandwich. I rounded the meal out with a glass of V8 and a large class of water. A few hours later I made myself a peanut butter sandwich and ate it with about six ounces of 2% milk.

I have a friend who keeps telling me that I am eating too much, and that my eating habits are awful. I must say, that is one of the most discouraging things you can hear when you've changed your eating habits as much as I have.

I gave up soda, again.
I haven't had a piece of candy, a cookie, ice cream, or brownies in four days.
I don't eat red meat any more.
The only thing I have had to drink in the last four days, besides water and V8 Juice, was half a serving of spiced Chai tea and the six ounces of milk today.
I don't eat anything after 10, I don't eat bread or rice products after 6, and I'm eating smaller meals throughout the day. If you add that to the fact that I am getting picky about eating right, including avoiding red meat and eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, I don't think anyone can say that I eat poorly.

But when someone is just trying to help, how can you get mad at them? I'm usually not in the same house as them, so things will get better in a few days after we go home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger