Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jillian Michaels and Jarritos Or, Why the Letter J is Today's Letter...

That Jillian Michaels is one tough lady. I made it through about thirty more seconds of her "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" DVD than I did yesterday, but it still hurt. I also did it without taking a hit from my inhaler, which I totally gave myself kudos for. I followed it up with a floor routine aimed at working the shoulders and back. I have problems with neck tension so it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but my back is definitely a problem area. Normally I would beg Fiance for a shoulder rub but he just got stitches in one finger and it's in a splint. Finger splints are not very conducive to shoulders rubs.

This is the second day in a row that I have whooped my own butt, and it hurts! But when I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror I feel proud of myself, and that is something precious. The shrinking waistline and toned arms help.

My eating has improved again since getting home. We went out for groceries and now have several kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables in the house, as well as fruit cocktail in a can and some turkey bacon. I've also looked up new recipes to try at lunch so I can have some variety for little money. A variety of dishes would definitely help keep us motivated in eating heavy meals for lunch and light meals for dinner.

In other news, I have found a loophole to my "No Soda" rule, and it is not carbonated water (which is actually a pretty decent substitute). Jarritos soda, usually found in the "Hispanic" food aisle (Eye roll implied) is a soda that contains NO high fructose corn syrup. It still has a lot of sugar, but as long as you don't drink a ton of it and exercise as normal, it's no worse than some fruit juices. They don't carry the usual flavors like cola or root beer, but they have fruit punch, pineapple, and tamarind. All of them are very tasty! Next time you're shooting eye daggers at your beloved for having a Dr. Pepper, remember Jarritos! It sure saved Fiance's hiney at dinner the other night. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger