Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Been A While...

Okay, so it's only been three days. Considering I was double and triple posting the first week, that is still a long time!

Sunday Fiance and I drove home, and while I am glad to be back, I am going to miss that stationary bicycle. The Rec center should be opening up soon, so I can use theirs but it won't be the same as having one handy to use while watching TV or when I get bored. Since coming home I've managed without the bike, but I had to make lots of adjustments first. Without something simple to rev up my heart rate for Cardio, I've had to the rely on workout DVDs. Today was Jillian Michael's "Burn Fat and Boost Metabolism" routine, though I only made it through the first two and a half circuits. All told that is fifteen minutes and my heart was pounding, so I turned off the DVD and did a little cool down before launching in to my usual floor routine. I am so tired right now, I can barely type.

My eating has also required some adjustments since I've returned home. Fiance and I are covering all our own groceries again, which means that I am very careful about what I buy. An example would be a shopping trip we made to the grocer's today. Instead of picking up premade pizzas we opted to make something from scratch. Not only was the second option healthier but it was less expensive as well.  I've also got my chart (which I did not have while on vacation) so I can keep a closer eye on how many servings of fruit, veggies, and water I consume.

I think I am doing quite well, all things considered. Fiance and I have chosen Sunday as our rest day, so that we can prepare and freeze meals for the upcoming week without worrying about fitting a workout in. I've also gotten some great exercise in while wandering around during the shopping trips we've taken lately. The Holidays are only five days away and I've still got one person left to shop for. I can say with certainty that wandering around Wal-Mart for an hour will wear you out!

I'm off to relax, which I think is well deserved after how hard I just worked! I would do a happy dance, but I am way too tired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger