Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Joy and the Sore Muscles That Come With It

As a joke,  I told my parents that Fiance and I would like a Wii and Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. I know how expensive that would be, so I did not count on actually getting one.
They got us one!
I literally face-planted on the box and started crying. Not a lot, just a little, and I think I might have cracked one of my dad's ribs when I hugged him. Needless to say, the rest of the day we plotted about the best way to set it up and by the time we hit our front door the PS2 had been deemed obsolete. I know they've been obsolete for a while, but I just love all my games! (And a PS3 is WAY outside the budget)

For those who don't think Wii Fit Plus will give you a workout, I am here to squash your doubts! Like any workout, you have to do it with intention. I've gotten my heart rate going while catching digital hula hoops and racking up as many spins as possible. My balance has improved since I started headbutting soccer balls, though I'd be better if I could just avoid those flying shoes!

Not only are the games affective, but they're fun too! There is a Body Test option, in which you are weighed, your balance tested, and your Wii Fit age calculated. The weight is rather accurate and it keeps track of each user. 

I could go on and on about the virtues of this system, but that is not what I started this blog for. So on to the developments!

The Wii Fit Plus was our biggest development. We've also managed to avoid any major eating pitfalls, other than when we are eating. Being on the road most of the weekend has messed that up pretty badly. We should be getting back to it after tomorrow though, which will increase my weight loss rate.

And, of course, it is almost time for my first official weigh in! I know I've lost weight, but I don't know exactly how much. Soon I will be moving the little scale at the top of my screen towards my goal.

Next month we're going to take a trip back to my wedding dress so I can give it another go before classes start again.

It's scary to think of classes being so close, there is so much I have to get done for the wedding! I had better get busy, though it will probably have to wait until the rest of the world is awake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger